There’s nothing better than some mac and cheese when the munchies hit—but what if your mac and cheese could get you baked?!? Honestly, it might be one of life’s hardest questions, but thankfully our friends over at Cut.com decided to find the answer.
Watch the video, and then try out their recipe yourself!
1 lb macaroni
1/4 cup cannabutter (1/2 stick)
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half & half
1/2 cup of each cheese – gruyere, smoked cheddar and smoked gouda
8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp smoked paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1. Heavily salt a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 7 minutes, or until slightly less than al dente. Drain in a colander and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Grate or chop the gruyere, smoked cheddar and smoked gouda cheeses into cubes and set aside.
4. Add the butter to a large pot and melt over low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the flour to the butter, onion, and garlic mixture and stir constantly over low to medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the mixture starts to turn a slightly darker color.
6. Whisk in the cream, then add the gruyere, smoked cheddar and smoked gouda, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
7. Add the cream cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 – 3 minutes or until the sauce appears silky and smooth.
8. Add the cooked macaroni and stir to combine thoroughly.
9. Transfer to a deep casserole dish (8”x8” or similar) and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
For all of HIGH TIMES’ edibles coverage, click here.