When it comes to smoking dry herbs, you really want nothing to do with the resin that is left in your pipe. But in terms of dabbing, reclaim has been proven to contain medical benefits when ingested orally or applied to the skin in combination with things like coconut oil. You can collect anything that gathers in a drop down by slightly heating the glass and dripping the oil on to parchment paper, but anything left in your rig needs to be cleaned out using alcohol.
If you’re looking for a safe method to collect your reclaim, follow these 8 steps.
Pyrex dish/lid (a cooking-safe Silicone mat will do)
Paper towels or Res Caps
Access to warm water
1. Start by filling your empty rig with enough Everclear to cover the dirty portions on the bottom. Make sure to add slowly and carefully. You can add more as you go, but dumping out any alcohol will cause you to lose some reclaim if you use too much.
2. Plug both the mouthpiece and glass joint with pieces of paper towel or something similarly effective like Resolution Caps.
3. Once you’re sure nothing will come spilling out, carefully but actively shake the alcohol around in your glass to help the resin break down.
4. If the reclaim isn’t breaking away from the walls, run hot water over the outside of the glass to remove it with heat.
5. After you’ve seen satisfying results following steps 3 and 4, pour the alcohol into the Pyrex dish.
6. Put the Pyrex dish with Everclear on the hot plate at the lowest temperature and allow the reclaim to evaporate. Never use an open flame to heat the dish because alcohol is very flammable.
7. Once the hot plate has evaporated the liquid from your collection, give the reclaim another day to air dry. Once you’ve given it a day and you’re ready to collect, use something frozen on the back of the plate to help your reclaim stabilize.
8. Using a razor blade, scrape the slightly stable reclaim and gather it up. You can now use this for cooking or transdermal application.
Even though your rig will look a lot cleaner than it did before, chances are it’s still cluttered with resin. If your glass is still dirty after collecting your reclaim, the easy fix is to use alcohol and salt, like Youtuber HighFromPiper explains in this video:
Black Lawmakers Threaten Block of New York Legalization Sans Racial Justice Measures
Over 800 CVS Stores Will Start Carrying CBD Products
Religious Leaders in South Carolina Voice Support for Medical Marijuana
New Jersey Lawmakers to Vote on Marijuana Legalization Bill Next Week
Knowledgeable Dabbing: A Guide To Our Favorite Quartz Bangers
First Clinical Trial Of Cannabis For PTSD in Veterans Is Now Complete
Missouri Police Raid Hospital Room of Stage 4 Cancer Patient Using Cannabis
Oklahoma House Passes Medical Cannabis Protection Bill
News6 days ago
Indiana State Trooper Seizes $3.5 Million Worth of Cannabis, Vapes
News6 days ago
Colorado Researchers Seeking Volunteers to Get High and Drive
Culture6 days ago
The New “Miss Marijuana” Pageant Comes With Outdated Guidelines and Transphobia
Culture6 days ago
The Family Growing Cannabis to Help People Get Off Pills in Kauai
Business6 days ago
Here’s What To Do When Your 420 Instagram Account Gets Deactivated
News2 days ago
Family of Man Killed by Bulldozer After Growing Pot Sues Police
Health1 day ago
Study Finds Correlation of Daily High Potency Cannabis Use and Mental Illness
News1 day ago
Pennsylvania Town Decriminalizes Marijuana, Sees Future in Legal Pot