November may just be the best food month. Weather is cooler and the food is heartier. Soups and stews, pies and puddings, casseroles and roasts. It’s their time. And at the end of the month is Thanksgiving. I love a delicious non-religious holiday! Even if you don’t like or want to eat turkey, there’s the stuffing and gravy and just tons of yumminess. And don’t forget to help keep your house warm and inviting by always having something canna- tasty in the oven.
Black and White Canna-Banana Bread
This recipe serves a dual purpose. First, it’s an excellent banana bread recipe. Second, the black and white banana slice is over the top delicious. And potent. You can always buy the banana bread and just do the black and white slice. But you can’t do the black and white slice without the banana bread!
Banana Bread; Makes 10-12 slices
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup canna-canola oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 340. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
1. In a large bowl, combine the bananas with the sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well.
2. In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Combine the banana mixture with the dry ingredients. Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Spread evenly.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, checking after 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the loaf pan. Cool thoroughly before slicing.
To make the black and white canna-banana bread:
4 slices banana bread
1/2 cup chocolate chips or melts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, or melts
2 tablespoons canna-canola oil
Nuts, chips, toffee bits, coconut
1. Place the banana bread slices on your work surface. In two microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate with the canna-butter, on medium power, for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again until mostly melted. Stir to complete melting.
2. Spread half the chocolate on one side of each bread slice. Allow to set for 20 minutes in the fridge. Repeat with the white chocolate. Sprinkle with the nuts and toffee bits and allow to set before eating. So yummy.
These savory treats are great on their own or topped with something wonderful like caponata or cheese. You can prepare them a couple of days before you plan to serve them, just pop them into a hot oven to crisp up.
Flour for dusting work surface
1 pkg. refrigerated pie dough, two crusts
3-4 tablespoons canna-butter, melted
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
Heat oven to 340
1. Dust your work surface with flour. Start with one crust and roll out slightly. Using a leaf cookie cutter cut out as many leaves as you can. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and chill. Repeat the process with the second crust.
2. Remove the baking sheet from the fridge. Brush each leaf with the melted canna-butter and sprinkle with the cheese and spices.
3. Bake until light golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
A hot and sexy drink to warm your nights. You may never reach for the bourbon again.
32 ounces apple cider
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Peel of one orange
4 teaspoons canna-butter
1. In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients with the exception of the canna-butter. Simmer for 15 minutes to combine flavors.
2. Divide the cider among your mugs or glasses. Top each with the canna-butter and serve. Total Yum.