HTTV Launches New Cooking Channel: Farm to Table Cannabis by The Hydroponic Chef
High Times TV has a brand new channel: Farm to Table Cannabis by The Hydroponic Chef!
High Times TV is proud to launch a new cannabis-infused cooking channel: Farm to Table Cannabis presented by The Hydroponic Chef. You may have caught The Hydroponic Chef on 420 Live a few weeks ago. Now, you can watch his cooking show anytime you want on High Times TV!
A bonus post and recipe from The Hydroponic Chef:
Table-side meal preparation seems to be a thing of the past. Other than your elaborate dining space in upscale neighborhoods serving hand prepared Caesar salad table-side or a rolling service cart accompanied by an under-enthusiastic staff member mixing raw beef, egg, and Worcestershire for steak tartare, these services are not something that you will find at your local eatery.
After witnessing the flaming cheese wheel on travel shows and catching glimpses of friends videos coming home from Europe, these experiences inspired me to do my own cannabis-infused cheese wheel pasta. Procuring a cheese wheel was more challenging than I anticipated. The experience of visiting a cheese store is an experience all in itself.
After getting turned down at my local cheese store and then again at Costco, I found an Italian specialty food store that deals with imported cheeses. This turned out to be the best location when looking for a cheese wheel. Now, don’t expect your local cheese store to have a cheese wheel in stock; you will likely have to order it ahead of time to be picked up.
Traditionally, cheese would not be cut down the middle to create a bowl shape, but with a little persuasion (maybe I kicked the cheesemongers some weed), he cut the wheel horizontally exposing the beautiful 18-month aged cheese that was perfect for melting and grating over pasta. He explained the imported cheese is a big ticket item, but if it was used often and stored properly you can get months’ worth of cheese out of one of the half-wheels.
After lacing the cheesemonger for hooking me up, it was time to seek out the rest of the ingredients. Carbonara is a classic Roman dish consisting of four primary ingredients: guanciale (or pancetta) egg, garlic, and pecorino Romano cheese.
For this recipe, I added a fifth ingredient from my hydroponic garden: gelato cannabis.
Hydro Chef Medicated Cheese Wheel Carbonara
- 1 pound Bucatini pasta
- 1/4 cup medicated olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 large egg yolks
- Large Pecorino Cheese Wheel
- 3 tablespoons Grappa
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Handful chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add medicated olive oil and pancetta. Crisp the pancetta about 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, peas and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Add wine and stir adding all the flavors from pan together.
- In a separate bowl, beat yolks and mix with 1 oz of hot pasta water to temper egg
- Drain pasta and add directly to the skillet with pancetta and medicated oil then remove from heat
- Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and toss well
- Scrape cheese wheel to get some loosened bits of cheese for pasta.
- Pour grappa into a metal sauce pan and flambé with a torch. While alcohol is lit, pour over loosened cheese in cheese wheel.
- Let alcohol burn off while cheese melts, then transfer pasta into cheese wheel. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta. Pepper to taste then garnish with parsley and serve topped with more pecorino. #HydroChefApproved
Hydro Chef Medicated Bellini
- 1 teaspoon Chronic Elixir THC or CBD syrup
- 1 frozen peach slice
- 4 fluid oz chilled sparkling wine
- 1 drop of your favorite terpene (optional)
- Pour Chronic Elixir into a champagne flute
- Add frozen peach
- Slowly pour sparkling wine over peach
- Drop 1 drip or your favorite terpene over champagne mixture
China Warns Citizens Living In Canada Against Consuming Legal Cannabis
Does Cannabis Help People with HIV Preserve Brain Function?
Vaping Trailblazer Reportedly Sold Dangerous Synthetic Marijuana
Healing Our Heroes
Expert Lighting Advice For Taking Your Grow To The Next Level
Authorities Investigating “Dank” Cartridges As Possible Culprit In Vape-Related Illnesses
The Rebirth Of Subcool: The Inside Story Of A Legendary Bud Breeder
The Best Hydroponic Methods For Growing Cannabis Yourself
News5 days ago
Canadian Cannabis Company Will Sell Marijuana For Less Than $5 Per Gram
News7 days ago
Researchers Study How to Treat Cannabis Addiction With More Cannabis
Activism6 days ago
Compassion Lives on in California as Governor Signs The Dennis Peron and Brownie Mary Act
News6 days ago
California Governor Signs Several Marijuana-Related Bills
News6 days ago
Comprehensive Marijuana Legalization Bill Introduced in Pennsylvania
News4 days ago
A Year After Canada Legalizes Weed, People Are Still Buying Unregulated Cannabis
News6 days ago
Florida Man Calls Police to Report His Roommate For Stealing His Weed
Activism5 days ago
Semper Fidelis: Twenty22Many Hooks Vets Up With Free Clones And A Healing-Based Community