It’s Autumn. Can you feel it? The cold breeze sweeps in and freezes your face. Your fingertips feel the distant tingle of winter and your pace quickens, as you tighten your jacket around you just a little more snugly. Yes, summer has faded, leaving you with the annual seasonal dilemmas: What will you be for Halloween? Will you go home for Thanksgiving or travel to Bermuda instead? Is hot cider on the menu of your regular coffee joint? Is mulled wine being served at your favorite nightspot yet?
Here at High Times, we’re also considering some pressing fall predicaments. Namely, what cozy October comfort recipes would best be suited for CBD drops and tinctures? Move over, regular old pumpkin spice. Make room for a new generation of autumnal delights.
Whether you’re a sweet or savory person and whether you prefer to chew or sip, we’ve got you covered with these must-try seasonal CBD recipes. We’ve compiled a menu consisting of a beverage, an entrée, and two dessert options.
Mountain Elixirs’ Warm Up and Wind Down Cider
This first recipe is a classic hot cider recipe with a new twist by Kyle West, an award winning bartender in the Denver area. He uses CBD-infused bitters by Strongwater Mountain Elixirs, and “makes enough to share or enough to not care.” Adding bourbon is optional, but highly encouraged.
- 16 oz spiced apple cider
- Juice of 1 blood orange (1.5-2 oz)
- 10 (quarter-sized) slices of ginger
- 4 gooseberries (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 oz Strongwater Old Fashioned Syrup (or mulling spice simple syrup)
- 3 oz Bourbon or rye whiskey (optional)
- 20 dashes of Mountain Elixirs Aromatic or Orange CBD Bitters
In a small pot, add ingredients 1-6. Heat until it simmers. Let sit on low heat for 15 minutes. Strain out ingredients from cider. Add bourbon and bitters to cider. Serve warm. Garnish with large orange zest, slice of blood orange, pomegranate seeds, and one gooseberry. Serves up to 4 people.
Pizza Alla Zucca Barbaro a.k.a. Pizza with Pumpkincreme
Next, our entrée: a pizza with CBD Pumkincreme recipe by Luca Ligorio, Chef de cuisine at Regina Margherita, where one could find the “best pizza in Vienna.” This pizza serves two and is infused with Blattgold CBDrops. This recipe uses some European measurements (such as grams and Celsius), so keep a conversion chart handy when preparing this mouthwatering dish.
Ingredients for the original dough:
- 200 g of plain flour (ideally type 0)
- ½ packet of Germ (about 20g)
- 5 tbsp lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- Dissolve the yeast in 3 tbsp lukewarm water and stir in 4 tbsp flour. Knead with the hands or the mixer (dough hook) until the dough comes off the edge of the bowl. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Pile the remaining flour on a work surface, salt and stir in the yeast mixture with a fork. Then add the oil and the remaining water.
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface until it is smooth and elastic. Then place the dough ball in a bowl, cover and allow to rise for 2 hours in a warm place until the circumference has doubled.
- Knead the dough vigorously again and form four round, equal sized balls.
Ingredients for the Pizza:
- 300g pumpkin
- 150g boletus
- 140g mozzarella
- 100g buffalo ricotta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2ml CBDrops
- 300ml hot vegetable soup (bouillon)
- 150g porcini
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top and bottom heat and lay out a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the pumpkin, deseed and cut it into small cubes. Peel onions and cut them into fine pieces. Mix buffalo ricotta in a bowl with a little salt and add 1ml Blattgold CBDrops.
- Heat some butter, fry the pumpkin and onion until glassy, add a little bouillon several times while frying over medium heat.
- Remove and purée slightly more than half of the squash. Mix the rest of the Blattgold CBDrops, salt and pepper into the puree and put aside.
- Heat some butter and fry the porcini mushrooms until golden brown, set aside.
- Spread the pumpkin puree on the pizza base, cover with mozzarella, season with a little salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining pumpkin and the mushrooms on the pizza. Form the ricotta as small balls and distribute on the pizza in all corners.
Tip: Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and drops of Blattgold over it as a garnish.
Frosted Pumpkin Spice Bars
And now, it’s time for everyone’s favorite part of the meal: dessert! To get an even amount of CBD in each bar, Craig Henderson of Extract Labs suggests, “The best way to infuse a pumpkin spice bar (say, this Betty Crocker recipe) would be to mix it with the frosting, as it would distribute a better dose.” His frosting recipe is as follows:
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Add one tablespoon of tincture to this recipe during mixing process. If the bars are baked in an 8 x 12 pan, cut them into 3 x 5 squares for a total of 15 bars. When iced, each bar will contain about 1 serving of tincture (33 mg CBD).
Stoner Candy Bites
This recipe was created by Thu Tran for Vice’s hit cannabis cooking show Bong Appetit, which just released their first cookbook, Bong Appetit: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Weed. Thu Tran is the creative genius behind Food Party, a show that blends cooking with puppets, interactive snacks, and pure unadulterated weirdness. Tran suggests using “flower-infused butter,” but you can use regular butter or add CBD to the butter in place of THC.
This recipe yields 60 pieces, so it’s the perfect treat to bring to your next Halloween party.
THC Content (if following the flower-infused butter recipe):
1.1 mg per piece; 66.8 mg total recipe
- 2 cups crushed potato chips (we recommend Kettle brand with sea salt)
- 2 cups crushed thin pretzels
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or Corn Chex
- 4 tablespoons CBD-infused butter (or THC-infused butter)
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons candy sprinkles (optional)
- Maldon sea salt (optional)
Line a 9 by 13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potato chips, pretzels, and corn flakes and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the infused butter. Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour the marshmallow-butter mixture over the potato chips mixture and stir to mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared sheet pan and spread in an even layer, pressing it to flatten. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until cool.
Pour water to a depth of 2 inches in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat. Put the chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set the bowl over (not touching) the water in the saucepan. Heat, stirring, until chocolate has melted and is smooth.
Spread the warm chocolate over the mixture in the pan. Top with the sprinkles or a scattering of sea salt, if desired. Refrigerate, uncovered, until cooled completely. Cut the potato chip–marshmallow mixture into sixty 2 by 1-inch pieces. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Add a tablespoon of infused coconut oil to the chocolate to make the chocolate thinner and easier to work with as well as up the (THC or CBD) dose.
Medical Cannabis Convenience Store Opens in Maine
Evicted Elderly Medical Marijuana Patient Dropped from Healthcare Program
This Alcohol Industry Association Wants Cannabis Prohibition to End
Making Your Life Easy: Easy To Roll Curved® Papers
[UPDATED]: The Ultimate Guide for Black Friday Weekend and Cyber Monday Deals
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for the Weed Smoking Nature Lover
The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Highest of Holidays
Federal Government Seeks Cultivators to Grow Thousands of Kilos of Cannabis
Products3 days ago
The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Highest of Holidays
News6 days ago
Tobacco Powerhouse Altria Officially Invests $1.8 Billion in Cannabis Company Cronos
News7 days ago
Wiz Khalifa Teams Up With Supreme Cannabis to Bring Khalifa Kush to Canada
Culture6 days ago
Luxury Cannabis Label Sherbinskis Launches Vaporizer Pen
News1 day ago
78-Year-Old Man Evicted For Using Medical Marijuana (UPDATED)
News6 days ago
Experts Say Cannabis Industry Helped Lower Canada’s Unemployment Rate
News6 days ago
Former MedMen Employees Bring Class Action Lawsuit Against Cannabis Giant
Culture7 days ago
Mila Jansen’s Autobiography Chronicles Her Journey to Becoming the Hash Queen