Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the green herb instead of green beer! These soulful recipes from Jeff the 420 Chef showcase cannabis cuisine with traditional Irish flavors.
Infused Vegan Irish Stew
Try this contemporary vegan twist on an old Irish favorite. This is not your mama’s stew!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Approximate THC Per Serving*:
10%: 3.3 mg per piece of “meat”
15%: 5 mg
20%: 6.6 mg
Ingredients for the Broth:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into thirds (or you can use baby carrots)
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons powdered mushroom broth or bouillon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
Ingredients for the “Meat”:
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms, shredded
- 1 small Portobello mushroom, shredded
- 1 medium red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tablespoons Jeff’s Light Tasting Canna–Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Stew Base
- In a large pot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until onions are lightly golden.
- Add potatoes, carrots, Celtic sea salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Make the “Meat”
- Sauté onions until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms, thyme and smoked paprika. Salt and pepper to taste and continue to sauté until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer sautéed mushrooms on paper towels to soak up any leftover moisture. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sautéed mushrooms, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, Vital Wheat Gluten and canna–olive oil.
- Form into 18 chunks..
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lightly fry each “meat” chunk till evenly browned and set aside.
Bake the Stew
- Preheat oven to 340ºF.
- Transfer stew base to a casserole dish.
- Place “meat” chunks on top of casserole and bake for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 5 ounces of oil.
Shamrock Canna-Cheesecake Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 28 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Approximate THC per Serving*:
10%: 3.5 mg
15%: 5.3 mg
20%: 7 mg
You’ll need a mini muffin tin to make these look like little cheesecakes.
- Cooking spray (I prefer butter-flavored)
- 4 oz (or half a package) cream cheese, softened
- ½ stick Jeff’s “Light Tasting” Cannabutter, softened
- ½ stick grass fed butter, softened (Kerrygold is the best)
- ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops green food coloring gel
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 5 whole graham crackers + 1 teaspoon cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, mix butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and green gel coloring until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add flour and combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 340ºF. Lightly spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place graham crackers, 1 teaspoon of butter, cinnamon and sugar into food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Place canna-graham cracker crumbs into a large bowl.
- Place ½ teaspoon graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of each muffin mold.
- Remove cookie dough from refrigerator.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop cookies into bowl with graham cracker crumbs and roll to coat.
- Place coated balls on top of crumbs and gently press down so that the top of cookie is flush with the tin.
- Bake for 25 – 28 minutes.
- Let cool, remove cookies from muffin tin and voilá!
*Approximate dose per serving is based on infusing 3.5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 8 ounces (1 stick) of grass fed butter.
Jeff’s Irie Irish Cream
Better than Baily’s…non-alcoholic. Infused with THC! A totally unique experience!
Servings: 6 – 4 oz servings
Approximate THC per Serving*:
4.5 mg THC per serving
*Milligrams per serving based on Kiva’s Terra Espresso beans 5 mg THC content.
- 1 ½ cups Jameson Irish Whisky (we are going to boil out the alcohol content)
- 5 ice cubes
- 6 KIVA Terra Espresso Beans (5 mg each)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso or 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup Half and Half
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Bring Irish whisky to a boil over a medium/low flame for 5 minutes to reduce and begin to boil off the alcohol content.
- To finish, (this is fun but be very careful!), using a long neck lighter, ignite the whisky in the the pot. A light blue flame will burn on top of the alcohol for about 5 – 7 minutes until all the alcohol has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add ice cubes, vanilla, espresso, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Jameson and Kiva Terra Espresso beans.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Strain through a fine strainer or cheesecloth and voila!
For all of HIGH TIMES’ edibles coverage, click here.
Everything You Need To Know About SoCal Cannabis Cup: Day 2
Kenyon Martin Claims That 85 Percent of NBA Players Smoke Weed
Don’t Miss This Unheard of 4/20 Vape Sale!
Swedish Musician and DJ Avicii Dead at Age 28
Celebrities2 weeks ago
9 Talk Show Hosts Who Smoke Weed
Culture1 week ago
9 Coolest Cannabis-Friendly Career Fields
Laws6 days ago
Marijuana Laws in Canada: Province by Province
Health2 weeks ago
5 Over-The-Counter Medications That Are More Dangerous Than Weed
Culture2 weeks ago
9 Activities To Socialize Your Smoke Sesh
Business1 week ago
These 6 Industries Don’t Want Hemp Legalized
News2 weeks ago
Police Blame Rats For Missing 540 Kilos of Weed
World4 days ago
The 6 Most Advanced Countries For Marijuana Research