Can you make THC oil that will work in an e-cig by yourself on a budget? Cartridges pre-filled with THC have been rapidly increasing in popularity due to their convenience and stealth factor. But if you don’t have access to pre-filled cartridges and don’t want to pay the premium price, you can totally DIY it. It won’t be as smooth and tasty as some of the best vape pens on the market, but it will still get you high on the go.
What You’ll Need
If you have access to cannabis concentrates, you can make THC oil for e-pens in less time. If not, you can still use cannabis flowers and trimmings.
- 7 grams of quality flower (more if lower quality) or 1 gram of high-grade cannabis concentrate.
- 2 glass jars (left in a freezer for 2 hours before the extraction process begins)
- Baking sheet or Pyrex bowl
- Pot for boiling
- Precise thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Dropper bottles
- Traditionally, PEG400 or a mix of polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG) were used to make THC oil. Now, terpenes are being used as a solvent. We recommend trying cannabis-derived terpenes in place of other thinners.
- Everclear or another high percentage alcohol.
Avoid using rubbing alcohol. Even with Everclear, you’ll need a stovetop or a hot plate to boil off any remaining solvent.
Florida’s Largest Police Force Stops Detaining People Over Pot Smell
Beyond the Streets: Cannabis Isn’t the Only Counter Culture en Vogue
What’s in Your Stash? Sharon Letts, Producer, and Writer
Daniel Sloss: Sometimes They’re More Than Just Jokes
House Votes to Protect States With Legal Marijuana From Feds
Two Plead Guilty to Using United States Postal Service to Traffic Marijuana
Raid of Massive Illegal Cannabis Grow Site in California Took Four Days to Complete
What Was Said at Today’s Congressional Hearing on Federal Marijuana Law Reform
News5 days ago
Someone Planted 34 Cannabis Plants in the Vermont Statehouse Flower Beds
News3 days ago
Notorious Drug Kingpin ‘El Chapo’ Sentenced to Life in Prison
Entertainment5 days ago
Recreational Cannabis Comes to Northern Nights Music Festival
Culture5 days ago
What’s in Your Stash? Autumn Saylor, Stay-at-Home Mom, Treating PTSD With Cannabis
Health2 days ago
Cannabis and Mental Health: Bipolar Disorder
Activism4 days ago
Navigating Child Protective Services When You Use Cannabis
News3 days ago
West Hollywood Set To Get “First of Its Kind” Cannabis Café
Sponsored3 days ago
I Take CBD Oil. Will I Pass a Drug Test?