Can you make THC oil that will work in an e-cig by yourself on a budget? Cartridges pre-filled with THC have been rapidly increasing in popularity due to their convenience and stealth factor. But if you don’t have access to pre-filled cartridges and don’t want to pay the premium price, you can totally DIY it. It won’t be as smooth and tasty as some of the best vape pens on the market, but it will still get you high on the go.
What You’ll Need
If you have access to cannabis concentrates, you can make THC oil for e-pens in less time. If not, you can still use cannabis flowers and trimmings.
- 7 grams of quality flower (more if lower quality) or 1 gram of high-grade cannabis concentrate.
- 2 glass jars (left in a freezer for 2 hours before the extraction process begins)
- Baking sheet or Pyrex bowl
- Pot for boiling
- Precise thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Dropper bottles
- Traditionally, PEG400 or a mix of polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG) were used to make THC oil. Now, terpenes are being used as a solvent. We recommend trying cannabis-derived terpenes in place of other thinners.
- Everclear or another high percentage alcohol.
Avoid using rubbing alcohol. Even with Everclear, you’ll need a stovetop or a hot plate to boil off any remaining solvent.