In an historic first, a U.S. company’s product changed Brazil’s cannabis law.
The Brazilian government (ANVISA) is allowing importation of cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil products from San Diego-based Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s portfolio company HempMedsTM. The product in the spotlight: Real Scientific Hemp OilTM (RSHOTM).
In the U.S., this hemp cannabidiol (CBD) oil nutritional supplement is available online shipping to all 50 states. In Brazil, anything derived from cannabis (hemp or marijuana) is illegal.
Through Facebook, this epic international cannabis law change started with two young girls: 5 year- old Harper Howard in Texas and 6 year-old Anny Fischer in Brazil. Both battle CDKL5 a rare genetic disorder causing daily debilitating seizures. Today, both are visibly seizure free.
The Fischers fought Brazil’s ANVISA (equivalent to the U.S. FDA) winning the right to import Real Scientific Hemp OilTM (RSHOTM) and setting precedent, after a shipment of RSHOTM was confiscated by Brazilian customs.
- ANVISA’s decision took mere DAYS to enact and impacts the lives of more than 203,454, 418 Brazilian residents
- RSHO is available in Brazil with a doctor’s prescription and ANVISA import permit
- The Brazilian government is subsidizing the cost of RSHOTM
- Brazilian insurance companies cover the cost of RSHOTM
- Brazil is the eighth largest economy in the world
This, of course, raises the question in the U.S. — Will the U.S. go the way of Brazil, and make medical cannabis available nationwide?
Available for interviews:
- Penny Howard – Harper’s Mom www.Hope4Harper.com
- Katiele Fischer – Anny’s mom in Brazil
- Dr. Stuart Titus – CEO, Medical Marijuana, Inc.
- Allen Voigt – Special Projects Adviser, Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Note: The Company producing Real Scientific Hemp OilTM (RSHOTM) makes no claims about their product that is openly sold online as a nutritional supplement in the U.S. For more information, contact Andrew Hard or Denise Mahaffey.
‘Real Housewives’ Star Luann de Lesseps Spotted Smoking Weed
Over 200 Michigan Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Forced To Close
What Does “Whole Plant” Mean?
Best Buds: 8 Celebrity Stoner Duos
Culture2 weeks ago
9 Coolest Cannabis-Friendly Career Fields
Laws1 week ago
Marijuana Laws in Canada: Province by Province
Business2 weeks ago
These 6 Industries Don’t Want Hemp Legalized
World1 week ago
The 6 Most Advanced Countries For Marijuana Research
Sports1 week ago
7 Ways Athletes Use Cannabis
Business2 weeks ago
5 Ways To Make The Cannabis Industry More Sustainable
Products3 days ago
15 Products That Can Be Made From Hemp
News2 weeks ago
Trump Makes Deal to Protect States with Legal Cannabis