Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Police Say Man Used Brain Preserving Fluid to Soak Marijuana

CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) — A central Pennsylvania man was charged Thursday after police say he sprayed fluid used to embalm a human brain on marijuana that he then smoked.

State police in Carlisle charged 26-year-old Joshua Lee Long with abuse of a corpse and conspiracy.

Court records indicate Long’s aunt contacted detectives on June 21 after finding a human brain in a department store bag under a porch while cleaning out a trailer.

Long allegedly told her during a phone conversation from the Cumberland County jail that he used the formaldehyde-soaked pot to get high.

“The defendant related that he knew it was illegal to have the brain and that he and (another man) would spray the embalming fluid on ‘weed’ to get high,” wrote Trooper John Boardman, the investigator.

Court records indicate a coroner concluded the brain was real and that Long supposedly named it Freddy.

The coroners who examined the brain believe it was most likely a stolen teaching specimen, according to the arrest affidavit.

Long remains in jail, and court records did not list a lawyer for him.

photo: Getty Images

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Avatar

Djir Bob

July 15, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Not surprised. People been lacing weed with formaldehyde for years.

lovingc

July 16, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Why? I’ve heard of it but still why?

mad_hiddy

July 23, 2016 at 6:38 pm

it’s not the drugs that are the problem, it’s our society. we have decided as a people to let the politicians change our countries, and it doesn’t work. The voting system does not work. the world is ruled over by a governing Oligarchy, made up of the wealthiest people in the world. They have made our society so divided and crippled, that we turn to drugs to numb our mediocrity. Until we change society, drugs will be commonplace.

lovingc

July 25, 2016 at 9:31 am

I would say you are the problem, I am tired of living in a police state.
          I would say you seem to want someone to tell you what to do with your body or anything else. This is a country founded on freedom not repression.

2. Avatar

Tom Benson

July 19, 2016 at 2:47 am

The reason he did it is because of the false rumor going around that PCP is “embalming fluid” AKA formaldehyde. It is not!!!!!

3. Avatar

Witchy Woman

July 24, 2016 at 1:46 pm

I could while away the hours,
    watching Austin Powers,
    Or Thomas the talking Train.
    And Cheetos I’d be munching,
    Peanut Butter – Cap’n Crunching,
    if I only had that brain.
    I’d eat cans of ravioli,
    and be like Jeff Spicoli,
    or Shaggy’s smart Great Dane.
    If I packed some in my bong,
    I could be like Cheech & Chong.
    If I only had that brain.
    Oh I, can feel while high,
    my finger nails grow.
    I can’t scratch inside my ear with my elbow.
    So then I’d sit down, and smoke some more.
    I don’t want to just smoke bud.
    Formaldehyde my blood,
    and I will feel no pain.
    I’d be talking to the sky,
    and I am sure that I could fly,
    if I only had that brain.

Written by