By far, one of our favorite performers is Chelsea Wolfe, whose moody, intense and ethereal style makes her sound wholly unique. Her brand-new album, Abyss, is her most personal yet, exploring her bouts with sleep paralysis and imagining it as an altered state between dreams and reality.
Eerie as that may be, Chelsea enjoys a different sort of enhanced reality via cannabis. So we recently asked the California native about her favorite strains to medicate with. Her selections were mostly Cannabis Cup winners and entrants, which reinforces something we already knew – the lady has good taste!
“I’ve been into weed for a long time off and on, but for years I would only smoke homegrown from my bandmate’s dad. I still believe it’s the best, most posi high, but as a singer I started to realize that the outdoor stuff was a bit harsh. I finally got my medical marijuana card (would much rather smoke/eat weed than take big pharma drugs for anxiety) and started exploring the realm of club weed. These are probably all well-known strains, but I dig them. – Chelsea Wolfe
1. BLUE DREAM: I was drawn to this one for the name, but ended up really loving it. It’s a chill hybrid that lasted a long time and helped me focus. I like to be productive when I smoke and this strain is great for that for me personally. I don’t really smoke on tour, I smoke on my off time at home when I can work on shit and let my mind wander.
2. SOUR DIESEL: My friend in the band Screature shared some with me last time I was visiting Sacramento. It was easy on my lungs and it came on quick, but didn’t last more than 30 minutes, so it makes a good daytime weed. I made some of this strain into edibles as well, and it lasts a lot longer that way – obviously, but equally as mellow and happy.
3. GIRL SCOUT COOKIES: Lovely hybrid. Takes me from stressed out to a good head space pretty fast, and helps me sleep better and with less nightmares/sleep paralysis.
4. GREEN CRACK: This is a good one for when you have a lot of little things to do. It creeps on slowly but then you’re really in it for a while. I hate the name, but it makes sense because it makes you really energetic.
5. WHITE WIDOW: I very appropriately tried this in a coffeeshop in Amsterdam when I was like 22, but I’m into it again. It’s a very positive and creative strain. Also it’s so pretty and smells earthy, which I love.
Georgia Cops Called About Potential Domestic Abuse Arrest Actress Erica Mena For Weed Instead
Dispensaries in British Columbia Told to Shut Down Before Legalization
Canadian Schools Struggling With Cannabis Education Ahead of Legalization
An American’s Quest to Find Fourth Meal in Canada
First Ever Trial to Study the Effects of Microdosing LSD Began This Month
What Do The Colors of Marijuana Mean?
Coca-Cola in Talks to Make the Next CBD-Infused Beverage
Canada Estimates $1 Billion in Legal Cannabis Sales in First Three Months
Business5 days ago
Walmart Joins List of Mega-Chains Considering New Marijuana Products
Legalization6 days ago
Want Cannabis to be Reclassified? Tell The Trump Administration
Sponsored7 days ago
Everything You Wanted to Know About CBD Tinctures
News6 days ago
Denver’s Psilocybin Initiative Moves Forward to Signature Gathering Phase
News7 days ago
The United Kingdom Will Have Medical Cannabis Within a Month
Medical Marijuana6 days ago
Riviera Creek Brings Science and Tech to Ohio’s New Medical Cannabis Market
Edibles6 days ago
Washington State Cannabis Board Bans Most Weed-Infused Candy
Culture6 days ago
Cannabis Sommeliers are Officially on the Brink of Existence