Ketogenic (keto) diets are the new health fad. For those who are unfamiliar with this trend, a keto diet is a very low-carb diet which turns the body into a fat-burning machine. It usually consists of 80 percent fat, 15 percent protein and little to no carbohydrates. For those who are watching their figure, some delicious keto-friendly cannabis-infused recipes may be of interest.
The keto diet’s popularity rocketed when famous reality star, Kourtney Kardashian, boasted about the health regimen on her app. In her post, Kardashian described going on the diet as a “really positive experience.” The 5-foot Kardashian disclosed that she weighed 98 pounds in an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians on February 18.
Here are five keto-friendly cannabis-infused recipes that will fill your stomach and get you high.
1. Keto Brownies
A classic pot brownie is a great recipe to start off with. This is one of the many keto-friendly cannabis-infused recipes that are a twist on classic edibles. It may even have you throwing away your go-to pot brownie recipe. The key to this recipe is to let them cool after taking them out of the oven. The erythritol bakes differently than other sweeteners, making the end product a bit jiggly when first taken out of the oven. Give them an hour, and you’ll be good to go to try these delightfully gooey brownies.
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 ounces 100% Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Stevia
- 4 tbsp Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- 100 mg Organic CBD Oil
- In a food processor pulse macadamia nuts, salt and baking soda until the texture of gravel.
- Pulse in chocolate, CBD oil and cannabis coconut oil until smooth.
- Pulse in erythritol, eggs and stevia.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes, the batter will set up when cooled.
- Cool 1 hour.